Friday 18 November 2011

Interview with our new intern: Steven Lian

Name:Steven Lian

Where are you from?
I’m from the north east of China, a place called Dalian. It’s a rainy place, but with nice people and nature.

Why did you came to Japan?
I came to Japan as an exchange student, I am currently graduating as a bachelor of economics.

Why are you doing an internship?
Because I wanted to experience what work is like in a Japanese organization. Asahi Nihongo is interesting because of the multiple cultures in the language school including Japanese. The website and explanation that they gave was also very good. It is very easy for a foreigner without a lot of experience to get an internship through Asahi Nihongo. They guide you through all the various pitfalls and they are nice people!

What do you think of Asahi Nihongo?
I think Asahi Nihongo is a friendly place where it is easy to work. They work very hard but in an easy way with good explanation. I think I am learning a lot here.

What are you working on?
I am currently working on a CMS (Joomla) updating and translatingwebsites. I am also working on the structure of these websites andhow we can make the information on the pages better in general.

What do you recommend in Fukuoka?
Get tonkotsu ramen at Ipudon ramen! It is really good. I also like the Fukuoka tower, awesome view and a nice atmosphere.Hobbies:I like to take a swim to exercise. I also like a good book (currently reading the Asahi elementary school newspaper for Japanese practice) and I like a good onsen! Maybe that’s my biggest hobby, taking a nice relaxing onsen. Beppu is only a day trip away so that is good, you should go sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment