Wednesday 20 April 2011

Welcome back to Asahi Nihongo!


We have many repeat students at Asahi Nihongo. Jan-san from Germany is one of them. He comes to study Japanese here once a year and it's the 4th time this time. When he first stepped into the school, every staff and teacher welcomed him and said 'Jan-san, Hisashiburi (long time no see)' or 'Okaerinasai (welcome home)'.

And we have interviewed him:
Q: Where are you from?
Jan-san: I'm from Nuremberg, Germany.

Q:Did you feel hesitant about coming to Japan this time due to the Fukushima Nuclear Power Station accident?
Jan-san: No, because I know Fukuoka is safe. Fukuoka is more than 1000km away from Fukushima. I also checked the faults and plates in Japan, saw the wind blows to the north-east towards America, and also the Japan Alps block the wind blowing from the east to the west like Kyushu area. As a result it's no problem for me to come to Japan.

Q:How about your family? Did they want to stop you from coming to Japan?
Jan-san: I showed them where Fukushima is and where Fukuoka is and how far it is between these 2 prefectures So they understand Fukuoka is OK. But they requested that I stay in Fukuoka and not go to other places.

Q:Why are you interested in Japan?
Jan-san:I wanted to come to Japan when I was 6, and at last I could visit Japan 4 years ago. I'm interested in Japanese culture, which is dense to learn.

Q:What especially would you like to do this time besides studying Japanese?
Jan-san:I've been looking for accessory parts shops to buy for my business in Germany.

Thank you , Jan-san. It was nice to talk with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment