Monday 16 May 2011

Internship_Tourism

We have a variety of internship programs and I would like to introduce you one of the tourist company. Here is the report from the previous intern!
******************************************************
My name is Jimmy. I am from Taiwan. And currently, I am studying at New York University. My major is Hotel and Tourism Management.
I am doing an internship at a travel company for 3 weeks. This travel company organizes trips, educational packages, study abroad programs, and internships for Japanese students who want to learn English and experience different cultures and ways of living in New Zealand and Australia.
During the internship, my boss and her staff speak to me entirely in Japanese. Only when I don’t understand something, they will speak to me in English. It is a great way to practice my Japanese skills.
I am very lucky to have this internship because it gives me a chance to use my sales and marketing background to help my boss. During the internship, my tasks include translating numerous study abroad advertisements from Japanese to English, writing automatic responder newsletters, researching for sales and marketing ideas, and giving speeches at different universities about my study abroad experience.
I work closely with my boss and I help her with marketing campaigns and ideas so that more people can know and be interested in traveling and studying abroad in New Zealand and Australia.
Last week, I went to Fukuoka Jo Gakuin University with my boss to talk to the students about studying abroad. We wanted to inspire them to experience new cultures and to learn English in an English-speaking environment. I gave speeches to two classes about my experience, and talked to them about my journey studying in the U.S. This week, we met up with another intern working at the company at Fukuoka University, and we had a meeting about marketing plans and how to advertise at this university. Next week, my boss has already contacted other universities, and we will be going to give speeches again to many students, giving them the option to study abroad in New Zealand and Australia to learn English and to immerse themselves in a foreign country.
I really think this internship is perfect for me. I am able to contribute my knowledge and skills to the company while learning how to market and advertise in a corporate environment. This internship definitely helps me with my studies and will enhance my skills later on in life. And actually, I want to study abroad in both New Zealand and Australia now because while I am advertising for them, I feel very attracted to both countries and what they have to offer!
*******************************************************************
If you have any question about our internship programs, please contact us!
Email: info@japanese-school-asahi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment