Tuesday 18 January 2011

Tea ceremony

Hi, I'm Satomi.
Today I'll talk about a Tea ceremony.This is a Japanese traditional culture activity.
Last week I went to a Tea ceremony, it was the first time in my life.
I went with Rachel, she is a high school student from Tasmania.

She wore a kimono(Japanese traditional clothes), made tea, and drank it. The tea taste a little bitter and for the last sip we have to make some noise.
This means I finished drinking the tea. But it was difficult for us.

When we attend the tea ceremony we have to sit up straight. At the end, our legs were numb.
The tea ceremony is a very elegant cultural activity. In Australia, there are some places with a traditional tea room.
I hope you are interested in Tea ceremony.
See you next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment