Thursday 13 December 2012

Interview with Roxana

Roxana is 25 years old and does the work and travel program with the guidance of Asahi Nihongo. She comes from Finkenherd, Germany.
She is working as a waitress in a bar and a restaurant.


Why are you succesful?
I am adaptable not only to every situation, but also to the requirements of different companies and cultures. I value punctuality, as well as always being optimistic.

What are you doing in Fukuoka?
I am working at the “International Bar“ and the “Days Kitchen“ Restaurant. There I mix drinks and work as a waitress. Most important there is time to talk to the customers and to enter in conversation with them, because most of the people who are coming there, want to learn English.

What's next?
After I go back to Germany, I will finish my studies of Japanese Studies and Media Studies. If possible, I want to take a master`s degree afterwards.
As a profession, I want to be a media translator.

Please give advice to those who are going to do the work and travel program in Fukuoka.
I strongly recommend to do your work and travel program only with the help of an organization, since it is very hard to find work on your own without any major Japanese skills.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment